LYME and Associated Diseases such as Bartonella, Babesia, and Rocky Mountain Spotted fever.
What LYME Disease Does
This is a devastating, and unrelenting multi-system disease process. LYME disease, is spread by ticks, mosquitoes, fleas, spiders, and other insects as well. It dismantles the immune system so as not to be killed, and leaves you susceptible to other viral and bacterial infections, and especially mold. At the same time, the body begins to attack itself in an array of autoimmune processes presenting as Fibromyalgia, LUPUS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
Flea Tick Mosquito
LYME Disease further builds scaffolding around itself called biofilm; dense and hard to penetrate.
Citation: Sapi E, Bastian SL, Mpoy CM, Scott S, Rattelle A, Pabbati N, et al. (2012) Characterization of Biofilm Formation by Borrelia burgdorferi In Vitro. PLoS ONE7(10): e48277. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0048277
Eats Hyaluronic acid especially in the joints, and blood vessels, and lays down biofilm causing sluggish blood flow to the brain and extremities, shortness of breath, tremendous headaches, numbness, tingling and pain.
Causes a cytokine storm; the body begins to make huge amounts of inflammatory markers so that you have severely achy joints, and unrelenting severe fatigue, and insomnia.
Infect Dis Clin North Am. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2016 Jun 1:Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2015 Jun; 29(2): 269–280.doi: 10.1016/j.idc.2015.02.004
- Causes a severe decline of all hormones; plugs up receptor sites so that you only appear to have normal thyroid and adrenal function; sex hormone as also extremely low.
- Can cause abnormal platelet levels and coagulation defects
- Many have GI issues with GERD, Food Allergies, SIBO and destruction of the Intestinal protective lining.
- The destroyed GI cells stop producing Butyrate which mops up excess ammonia in the body. High ammonia levels affect the brain and cause migraines, loss of memory, insomnia and nerve damage.
- Has a 4-week replication cycle, so symptoms worsen during those days.
- Lab Testing is often normal or lacking in definitive diagnosis; there are 100’s of strains of these organisms and most labs only test for one strain.
In the area of TN where I practice, I mostly find evidence of RMSF and Babesia. I have never seen a positive Bartonella lab test, even though people clearly have it upon presentation; however; I find that it’s often a mixed bag of different infectious organisms.
How Do I Treat LYME & Associated Diseases?
I want you to know in defense of all clinicians that this is a poorly understood disease process. We have very few guidelines in conventional medicine to follow in regard to LYME and associated diseases, and when those guidelines do not work, or you don’t fall in line with the exact CDC recommended guidelines for diagnosis, then clinicians find it very difficult to treat you. Don’t be discouraged. Lab Testing alone cannot provide an objective answer regarding the question of whether a person has Lyme; the CDC says this plainly.
Most people with LYME type illnesses are a maze of problems that most clinicians are loathe to treat because patients are so ill and the time investment is heavy; and labs are often normal. I have a small practice and I can afford to take the time to treat chronic issues. In fact; I love a good puzzle. Please come and get the help you need today.
- I do a thorough assessment along with a LYME Survey
- I treat most people empirically based on my observation of their clinical presentation, and their historical accounting of their illness. Erythema Migrans (EM) rashes are few!
- I have a 6-month intense multifaceted program; this is a very proactive program
- I balance all hormones including adrenals, treat GI dysfunction and destroy biofilm.
- I use multiple Detox therapies, German herbals, anti-fungals, antivirals, antibiotics when required and Alinia which is an anti-parasitic drug.
- All of my patients work and have busy lives. They are able to maintain their activity and work schedules while on these treatment regimens. I am grateful for the success I have had in treating LYME and for my patient’s trust.
Read Shawn Hensel’s Story
It all started a couple years ago during a routine Dental hygiene visit. I was being asked the medications I was taking and I thought I was taking a good amount. My hygienist said that what I was taking was nothing. She had gone to Wellness Revolution and was taking considerably more supplements than I was. She also mentioned that she felt better than she ever had felt before. Now my wife had been struggling with not feeling well frequently. I thought we might go to check her out. My wife started going to Bess Howard and she was thoroughly tested for many different things. Finally all her deficiencies were now being addressed (after being to many other doctors).
My wife’s mood and overall well-being improved greatly. About six months later I was fatigued more than I thought was normal and my wife suggested that I go see Bess Howard myself. She saved up her money from her $10 an hour job so that I could go. I recently changed jobs and had lost a significant portion of my paycheck. I also received a battery of blood tests and she discovered that I had Lyme’s disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I started a regiment of detox and de-sliming. It seemed like this took a little bit more out of me. I just started another new job and I’m grateful to say that they were very understanding about my medical condition.
After 6 months of German herbal treatment I started a round of Alinea. The first day made me feel like I had a little bit of a kick in the gut feeling. Then I didn’t feel so bad. In fact my mind started to clear up and I started feeling like my old self. I’d started 2nd round a couple weeks later. I experienced some of the same results – my mind got a little bit more clearer and I felt even more like my old self. A short while later I was tested again and was considered Lyme’s free and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever free. I don’t know that it ever completely leaves your system, but it was definitely suppressed to what are considered normal levels. I have heard how debilitating Lymes can be.
I never missed my 40 hour work week because of it and I believe that I have my mind back. After treatment, I started working 50-55 hour work weeks. If you don’t feel like your normal self and you want to get to the bottom of an issue regarding your health, I would highly recommend that you see Bess Howard at Wellness Revolution in Cleveland, TN.